Sravan Yoga & Massage Therapy
was founded by Matt Wierzbicki in 2007, though the seed was sown many years before when Matt began to realise the immense benefits of yoga and choosing a holistic lifestyle.
Through the practice of yoga and massage treatment Matt has been able to overcome many physical and mental imbalances, allowing him to experience an improved quality of life. By practicing yoga Matt remains healthy and active in sport and daily life and he feels much better for it!
Matt is a qualified yoga instructor with over 500 hrs of yoga training and 1000 hrs of yoga teaching. He is a qualified remedial massage therapist with over 7 years of clinical experience and his anatomy and physiology knowledge and treatment skills continues to expand through his employment as a Physio Aide at Total Physio Centre, Gorokan.
Other related interests that Matt has a passion for include:
- Lecturing at the Satyananda Yoga Academy
- Yogic/vegetarian cooking
- Environmental/civil engineering and sustainable living.
- Connecting with nature through the beach, surfing and bushwalking
- Attending to his backyard vege garden
Qualifications, Certifications & Memberships
Matt is a qualified yoga instructor with over 500 hrs of yoga training and 1000 hrs of yoga teaching. He is a qualified remedial massage therapist with over 7 years of clinical experience.
- Certificate in Yogic Studies, Bihar School of Yoga, India 2006
- Diploma in Yoga Teacher Training, Satyananda Yoga Academy, Mangrove Mtn, 2009
- Yoga for Children Teacher Training (20 hours), Zenergy Yoga 4 Kids, 2010
- Level 2 instructor through Yoga Australia and Satyananda Yoga Academy
- Associations: Y.A. Member No.1507, Satyananda Yoga Academy ID No.12084
- Diploma in Remedial Massage, School Of Integrated Body Therapy, 2008
- Myofascial I Certificate, School Of Integrated Body Therapy, 2009
- Craniosacral 4 day workshop, School Of Integrated Body Therapy, 2008
- Member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (No. 21732)
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate & CPR
- Certificate for Self Employed People in child-related employment
- Accredited Community Coach for the Active After-school Communities Program
- Reiki I (2009) & Reiki II (2010) in the Ushi Shiki Ryoho tradition
- B.E. Civil engineering, UTS Sydney, 1995
Click here to view Matt’s CV as a PDF.
Business and Insurance Details
Sravan Yoga & Massage Therapy is a Registered Business in Australia and Matt is sole trader (ABN: 152 450 81295).
Matt and his work is fully insured for Professional Indemnity ($5 M) & Public and Products liability ($10 M).